Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

What the first 5 days entail

Tomorrow starts the initial 5 days of the 30 day program.

If you have checked out the book at all or any of the reviews, you may have heard about a 5 day Fast Forward program that is completely optional to begin.   Its composed of eating the same 4 meals for the initial 5 days.  Sort of a detox, if you will...

Those 4 meals consist of 5 ingredients:  Spinach, Eggs, Almonds, Raspberries, and Yogurt.  The claim is said that one can lose up to 8 pounds in those initial five days by following this Fast Forward Program.

Of course there was a part of me that wanted to sing out
 "♪♫ LAMESVILLE ♪♫ .... how gimmicky!!"
... but after reading the ingredients and the information as to why these "superstar" foods were specifically chosen I thought "Hmmm..  ok... I GUESS it sounds pretty valid"...

considering the last 6 weeks for me have been emotional eating and more weight gain than I care to confess to, a good flushing of my system would be beneficial.   I'm no stranger to the weightloss game so I know the initial weight will be mostly water weight and whatever ickyness my bodys holding onto from my recent (over)indulgences.
Plus its only five days right?  
In the name of "blogging" I will do this and report in my feelings everyday.

Furthermore, I have learned today that I will not be doing this alone as TheFiance has decided he too will join me on this venture!   (Hence the title Diminishing Doll & Company)

I may not be reporting actual weigh ins but you can bet your sweet bippy I will come back and report the pounds lost for each of us.   TheFiance is currently toying with the idea of starting a blog of his own so if that comes to happen then you guys will be the first to have access ;)

But getting back to the subject at hand, I can tell you now that doing this 5 day dealio isn't so budget friendly for us.   Berries and yogurt (4 times a day for 5 days) can get costly.  Especially for us (as some of you know we are already on a tight little budget these days)   But it will be worth it in the long run I say...

and if it isn't then I'll be packing up these reciepts and sending them to little miss sassy pants for compensation.

(I kid, I kid)  though I do like the idea of referring to the author as Little Miss Sassy Pants.  I must admit the title of the book makes me wince a bit.. something about the word SASS that makes me feel the same way I feel when I hear "JAZZ HANDS"...

but thats my problem, not the books.  S.A.S.S actually stands for a few different things in the book:
Simple And Satisfying Solutions 
as well as
Slimming And Satiating Seasonings

Tomorrow begins Day One.
[insert dramatic music of your choice here]