Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Quick update - changing to Monthly weigh-ins

(Day 107)

Someone remind me I said we're ditching the scale for a month, not this blog.

I can't believe its been so long since I updated with anything but considering I'm still in amazement that we are no longer in June, well...  i'm definitely a little slow.

Things have gotten a little confusing for me in terms of monitoring our weight loss because I'm absolutely terrible at keeping things up to date. (As I'm sure you've noticed)

I have all of our weigh ins written down but somewhere along the lines we have extra weigh ins due to the fact that our weekly weigh ins didn't exactly coincide with our Month 1 and Month 2 end dates  so now I'm sitting here with a bunch of numbers, no dates, scratching my head...

Sure I could go grab a calendar and do all the math retracing my steps but that will just hinder my update further...

.. so to make a long story short:  We are now on monthly weigh ins starting with July 1st.   I will still keep tabs on our overall weightloss numbers but apparently dates are much too confusing for me to tally so we couldn't have picked a better time to switch to monthlies.

We've been trying new recipes out and as usual enjoying our favorites from Sass Yourself Slim.

I know its been a while since I've mentioned much about the plan or the book but believe me, we're still following the 5 piece puzzle strategy and thats not about to change anytime soon.

Recently, we've been taking cynthias lettuce wrap recipes and dicing up the lettuce to make these recipes travel friendly.   Not exactly a concept that makes us "geniuses" but we kinda kick ourselves for not doing it sooner.   Considering I was off work yesterday I enjoyed the wraps below as is:

Chicken and Quinoa Lettuce Wraps
I've never been a big fan of olives but in this recipe, they just work perfectly well with everything else.  I've shared the link for this recipe before but in case you missed it, check it out here.

If you're in need for a new salad I'd definitely give that recipe a go and just chop the romaine to bits as I stated above.   The burst of lemon makes it absolutely refreshing.

I'll do my best to get a little more frequent with the updates.   If I could just get time to slow down a little bit I might have more time to share our little kitchen adventures with you guys.  For now I hope you're all doing well and I'll be back in the evening to catch up on blog reads.