Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

He plays with his food...

(Day 38)


I keep thinking about comfort foods lately.  This may sound a little silly but after eating this way for over a month now, I still feel like breakfast is such a treat every morning.  It's not just the boring old oatmeal I was eating before -- its so much more.   Like I'm in a lavish little resort ...

Except in this lavish little resort its Abel and I that have to clean up after one another and wash our own dishes.   (Always a downside ;0)

The original recipe for our breakfast called for hard boiled eggs sliced and placed atop the avocado...  but as cynical as I am I wasn't too keen on the idea of hard boiling any of our eggs...

why, you might ask?

well, because over the weekend Abel decided to get a little creative and did the following with our eggs:


Give that man a sharpie and he can pretty much entertain himself with anything it will mark.

Paranoid that this marker was going to emit death fumes upon boiling I simply decided to cook the eggs over easy instead.  

I'm obviously alive to tell the tale, so I guess sharpies on eggs do no damage... or at least no instant damage.

Not too much to share today as my job is wreaking havoc with my free time and its already 9:30 p.m. and dinner has yet to be made.   (We tend to eat pretty late around here in case you haven't noticed :0)

Hope you're all having a great week!