Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Peanut Butter and Banana Nut Dip


In case you didn't know, i'm a bit of a Peanut Butter fanatic...

A couple of weeks ago I was looking for ideas on creating more of a dessert-type of snack and though I'm quite particular about the ingredients I combine with my beloved Peanut Butter I found something that worked like a  charm and still (kinda) fit into the 5 piece puzzle strategy.

I say "kinda" because the graham crackers are a little sugary and probably wouldn't meet Cynthias stamp of approval as an acceptable "whole grain" but if you're looking to keep this strictly SASS approved, I would recommend switching them out for a grain of your choice.  Since starting our cleaner eating we are definitely more restrictive with our sugars but as an occasional indulgence we found this to be both delicious and satisfying.

Heres what you'll need for one serving:
One small banana (no more than 5")
1/4 cup of ricotta cheese
2 TBSP of Peanut Butter (I prefer crunchy PB for the extra bits of nut)
a pinch of cinnamon
a serving of crackers -- we used Back To Nature's Honey Graham sticks but its open to just about any whole grain cracker or bread of your choice.

No real directions other than to mix the first four ingredients until they are thoroughly blended and creamy and spreading or dipping with your grain of choice.

I do find letting it sit in the refrigerator tends to up the creamy factor but if youre in a rush or simply impatient (like me) it's still absolutely delicious directly after prepping.

Easy peasy... definitely my kind of recipe :0)  Next time I'd like to try this as a spread for Wasa Crispbreads. The possibilities in fruits and grains are quite endless so if I come up with any other winners in the near future I will definitely let you guys know.   Peanut butter and strawberries anyone? :)