Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 12 Mulberry update



9:30 a.m. Breakfast -  Mulberry Almond Parfait
1:30 p.m. Snack - Peppery Pear Crunch
4 p.m-6 p.m. Lunch - Ricotta Primavera Penna
8:30pm Dinner - Salmon Ginger Rice Bowl

The dried mulberries were a hit!  I was trying to figure out the best way to describe their flavor but all I could come up with is "Theyr'e kinda like raisins...  only not"...

Descriptive, right?  I know, I have a knack for words ;0)

Regardless, I'm glad I made the splurge of getting them online.  I'll definitely keep these in rotation with my fruit intake!  

The peppery pear crunch "snack" was delicious, its hard to tell from the pic but the pear slices in the center are sitting atop cheese and an english muffin half.  Another amazing combination of fruit and cheese that I've never had.  It was great.

TheFiance was quite the fan of the Ricotta Primavera which surprised me as I found it to be a tad bit bland.  Maybe I didn't put enough spices into mine but it wasn't bad, just needed a little something more.

Dinner, on the other hand was fantastic.  We've never cooked with salmon or wild rice before so it was another day of firsts.  As TheFiance chopped up and sauteed all the veggies with the ginger sauce, our apartment was infused with a lovely citrus aroma.

It tasted just as good as it smelled and though TheFiance could have done without so much carrot in the recipe, we both really enjoyed it.   I also found a new love in wild rice. Yay for texture!

Weigh in day is upon us once TheFiance wakes up.  Im eager to see the results and will of course come back to report any changes :0)