Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 16 - Observations this week

9:30 a.m. Breakfast- Blueberry Almond Toast w/Milk
1:30 p.m. Lunch - Mediterranian Lentils & Couscous
5:00 p.m. Snack- Creamy Strawberry Swirl
8:00 p.m. Dinner- Turkey Pesto Salad

10:p.m. Chocolate Escape- Dark Chocolate Mint

I was hoping to really start paying attention to my body and its hunger pangs this week but with Aunt Flo here, she's clearly disrupting the regularly scheduled programming and I've been hungry almost on the dot every 3 hours.

Strange how the body can be so precise.   Definitely something I've never really paid attention to.  Though its a bit more aggravating this week because the hunger tends to come quite strong.  Once my little monthly friend is gone I'll have to work a bit harder at paying attention to my bodys regular needs and wants.

This entire "lifestyle change" has a lot of intricate details to it.  Its not just about eating healthy and losing weight.  Its about paying attention and nurturing what your body actually needs, and balancing out those needs for optimal performance.

Exhausting and overwhelming for those of us with food addictions/dependencies.  It's like having to discard a lot of things you thought you knew about healthy eating, and starting semi-fresh with fragments of stones to rebuild it all over again.  

This is definitely going to take some time for me.   As much as I consider myself a fairly bright individual, this particular lesson is going to take more time than I initially thought.  

Not a bad thing, mind you-- just an observation.