Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 30 And the dish ran away with the spoon...

9:40 a.m. Breakfast - Strawberry Cardamom Smoothie w/Cashew Oatmeal (pg 97)
2:00 p.m. Lunch - Peppery Broadbeans over Vegetable Barley (pg 134)
6:15 p.m. Snack -  Open Faced Cheese & Apple Sandwich (Recipe Variation #3 on website)
9:30 p.m. Dinner - Wild Rice & Chicken Lettuce Wraps w/Citrus Slaw (pg 122) 

These were the chosen four meals for Day 30.  No complaints on any of them -- though I had my strong doubts on the "citrus slaw" for dinner.  Cabbage has never really been my friend...

It wasn't until  recently that I've found I actually enjoy it within asian dishes, but I wasn't too keen on the idea of having it a solo side dish.   TheFiance once again had to talk me into trying it and stop being such a stubborn mule...  (my words, not his)  Much to my surprise, it was pretty good.  My apologies to the cabbage patches of the world.... 

Lunch was great, I really would like to get into the habit of cooking my own beans but with all the work thats already going into this whole lifestyle change, going with the canned is definitely a huge plus right now. 

Our snack was a repeat (of several times by now) and more than likely one of our top 3 favorites.  The gouda and apple are fantastic together.   

As for dinner, another set of lettuce wraps that were SO good.  With the change of our tastebuds lately,  I did note that the dijon mustard was pretty intense in the dish.  Not necessarily in a bad way, just in a way that wasn't quite expected. It gave it a little extra kick.  The crunch of the romaine with the side of slaw ended up making my mouth very happy.  Crunchiness factors are always good in my book.  

We still have a few more dishes that are new coming up this week so I'll still be posting up our daily foods from now till Saturday.   After that I will probably only feature those recipes that we haven't tried yet and of course any that I come up with on my own.  

30 days.  Came and went....  hard to believe how quickly!!  I'll be posting our weigh in results and our next set of plans shortly.  Just wanted to get the recap of Day 30s foods out first :0)