Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 7 - Our Menu Food Chart


9:30 am Breakfast- Open faced egg sandwich w/Peaches & Nectarines
3:30pm Lunch- Black Bean Tacos with Cilantro Jalapeno Guacamole
7:00pm Snack- Vanilla Almond Frozen Banana snack
9:30pm Dinner- Chilled Herbed Chicken Pasta Salad

Another day of awesome food.  The hunt for any good peaches right now was kinda sucky so we bought one peach and one nectarine and opted for half of each for breakfast.

As for the weekend, most of our Saturday was spent preparing our recipe cards and menu planning chart. Sunday was grocery day and selecting what meals we would have for the week.

The groceries cost an arm and a leg once again but considering many of our items are building a foundation and will go a long way, we shouldn't need to spend as much from here on out.   Or so I'm hoping!!

As for the food chart, we just picked up some note cards and foamboard from the dollar store.  The Fiance graphed it out, created little pockets out of the same notecards and we labeled each card with its appropriate recipe.    Took quite a bit of time but I can already see its going to save us on the headache of having to search through the book for recipes.  The rest of the cards are stored in a recipe box until we are ready to choose the following weeks foods.

 $2.00 project :0)  Awesome
We also managed to get our snack in, which we chose to be the frozen banana.  Two thumbs up, surprisingly enough, the oats were my favorite part.   Prior to this plan I was eating oatmeal for breakfast everyday but I had never really eaten them uncooked.  I've been missing out bigtime :0)

Overall, most of this has been quite time consuming but I'm wondering if it won't get a little easier once it all starts soaking in.   I can't lie, there were a few times over the weekend where even thinking about all the prep time some of these foods might take and the cost had me doubting whether or not we could do it for 30 days.

But thats typical "me" talk.  TheFiance had to take a few time-outs and assure me that we'd be fine.  It's a process.