Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 25 - Irregular

9:30 A.M. Breakfast - Zesty Cranberry Walnut Parfait (pg 97)
1:45 P.M. Lunch - Turkey Walnut Pita (pg 125)
6:30 P.M. Snack - Peppery Kiwi Almond Crunch (pg 104)
10:00 P.M. Dinner - Green Tea Chicken w/Avocado Corn Salad (pg 120)

Breakfast may have once again topped all the meals for me for Day 25.  I'm loving dried cranberries right now. Also, the addition of fruit zest in the yogurt?  Divine.  Its such a subtle enhancer.... Love!

Lunch was very similar to Day 24's dinner but I much preferred the pita with the almond butter rather than walnuts sprinkled within.  (I tell you, I'm a sucker for nut butters)  We still enjoyed it but we also realized that Pitas aren't our number one choice for "on-the-go" meals.  I end up with half of the filling on my lap rather than in my mouth.  Thats certainly not the way I want to cut calories ;0)

The other two meals were great, the snack wasn't too different from the past ones we've had with different fruits. The ricotta on the bread adds a rich taste and really feels like you're eating something almost cheese-cakey (in texture at least).   As for the green tea chicken, I'm almost certain this is the fourth time we've eaten this meal.  Its just that good.

Weighing in tomorrow and I gotta admit I'm not reaching for any miracles.  My "reguarlity" issues remain and though I'm trying to get the ball rolling (so to speak) I haven't found the answer to solve my problem just yet.   The bloating and gas has me feeling heavier around midday.....  Not fun.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with all the dairy we've had lately.  I mentioned in a recent post that I miss milk oh so much and looking back I see we've had quite a bit of yogurt and smoothies over the past week.  I'm going to try to cut back and stick to different non-dairy ingredients for our breakfasts and snacks.

Wednesday will be Day 30 and we'll weigh in once again for the final month tally.  From there on out I'm thinking we may just not weigh in again until the end of another 30 days.   I'll have to discuss it with TheFiance and see how he feels on the subject.